cdl ticket lawyer Houston TX
cdl ticket lawyer Houston TX can help commercial drivers retain their driving privileges and keep their jobs by providing successful defense against traffic citations. At Monks Law Firm, P.C., we fight to keep commercial drivers on the road. Many people don’t realize that receiving a traffic ticket doesn’t mean that’s the end of a matter. There are many ways to approach fighting a citation for a traffic violation, including overweight tickets. If you want an experienced cdl ticket lawyer Houston TX, contact us as soon as possible after receiving a citation.
An important consideration for all commercial drivers is the Federal Motor-Carrier Comprehensive Safety Analysis (FMCSA), in which the Federal Department of Transportation (FDOT) attempts to intervene with carriers to prevent unsafe driving practices and behaviors and lower the number of truck and bus accidents in the U.S.
You may need a cdl ticket lawyer Houston TX as a result of getting a traffic ticket to fight the charges and try to keep your record clean. The FMCSA is looking for information that provides insight into the following details about commercial drivers and the companies that hire them:
- Have there been accidents which potentially show unsafe driving practices?
- If fatigued driving is entered in logbook violations, it sends up a red flag with FDOT.
- Are there charges related to alcohol or other controlled substances?
- Citations related to cargo are evaluated.
- The crash history of the company overall is a factor.
Hiring an experienced cdl ticket lawyer Houston could help you in many possible ways. Options that an attorney might seek on your behalf include:
- A dismissal of charges
- Probation or deferred adjudication, which applies at a county level
- Keeping Department of Public Safety (DPS) points off of your commercial driver’s license record
- Negotiation to a lesser, non-moving violation
- Issuance of an FTA – failure to appear switch-out
Cost of CDL Traffic Violations
If within a three-year period, you are found guilty of any two of the following violations, it could result in your commercial license being suspended for 60 days. The suspension of your license could be an additional 120 days for any three of the following convictions within three years:
- Unsafe lane change
- Speeding at 15 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit
- Reckless driving
- Careless driving
- Passing illegally
- Following too closely
- Erratic lane change
- Driving a commercial vehicle without your CDL in your possession
Have you been charged for a CDL violation? Contact our office today for legal assistance from an experienced cdl ticket lawyer Houston TX.