CDL traffic attorney Bellaire TX
CDL traffic attorney Bellaire TX is available for assistance with violations affecting a driver’s status as a commercial driver. In Texas, there are harsher penalties for commercial drivers who are charged with traffic violations because professional drivers are held to a higher standard. Due to the larger size of commercial vehicles, driver behavior is important to the safety of everyone on our roadways.
Major Traffic Violations
The question of whether or not to hire a CDL traffic attorney Bellaire TX is easy, if you receive a citation for a major traffic offense. It is highly recommended that an attorney be hired for the following alleged violations, whether a person with a commercial driver’s license receives a ticket while driving a commercial vehicle or a personal automobile:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI).
- Fleeing from the scene of a collision.
- Refusing to submit to an alcohol test.
- Driving negligently and causing a fatality.
- Making use of an automobile while committing a felony.
- Driving with a blood alcohol content (BAC) higher than the legal limit.
- Dispensing, distributing, or manufacturing a controlled substance using an automobile.
- Driving a commercial vehicle when your commercial driver’s license is cancelled, revoked, or suspended.
The following are more serious traffic violations that a commercial driver is advised to seek representation for. A CDL traffic attorney Bellaire TX is recommended for the following citations:
- Speeding at 15 miles per hour or more above the speed limit posted.
- Following another vehicle too closely.
- Operating a commercial vehicle without being in possession of your CDL.
- Driving carelessly.
- Driving a commercial truck without the proper endorsement.
A CDL traffic attorney Bellaire TX is recommended because the penalties for a commercial driver convicted of any of the above-named violations include the following:
- Your commercial driver’s license could be revoked or suspended. How long the revocation or suspension might be depends on various factors, such as your driving record and the type of the violation. Once you have been authorized to resume driving a commercial vehicle, you will face license reinstatement fees, which can be very steep.
- Points will be assessed to your driver’s license. It is possible that your driving privileges will be revoked, depending upon the number of points that have accumulated against your license.
- Your auto insurance rates will be higher.
- You may be required to spend time in jail, depending on various factors.
Protect your livelihood as a commercial driver. If you receive a citation, contact a CDL traffic attorney Bellaire TX at our office.